unomatt

Help!!

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but I have a problem! The battery on my Corrado drained for some reason, tried to jump it but it wont turn over, im guessing its the immobiliser. Its on the dash, to the right of the steering wheel, you put a plastic key thing in to deactivate, normally it has a red flashing light which goes solid when the immobiliser is turned off, at the moment there is no light so I dont know if it has lost power? Basically, does anyone know how to disconnect it? the car is stranded in a car park miles from home at the moment and I want it back!!

First you need to find what type of immo is it....

Do the dash lights come on when you turn the ignition on?

Can you hear the fuel pump run?

Its a '92 2.0 16v, dash lights up and I can hear the fuel pump too, just no turning of engine :( No idea what the make of the immobiliser is though :(

Its a '92 2.0 16v, dash lights up and I can hear the fuel pump too, just no turning of engine :( No idea what the make of the immobiliser is though :(

Ok sounds like the immobiliser is wired up to the starter.

Have you tryed bump start it?

Or

Pull handbrake, make shure its in neutral, leave ignition on, open bonet....

On the starter motor theres one wire and a plug with one wire only. Disconnect that plug and bridge the pin with the other wire thats connected to the starter motor (with a screwdriver or some wire, just make shure the wire you use is not too thin).

With that the starter motor will turn, if and when the car starts disconnect your bridge connection and take the car home....

Hope that helps

Well I got the 'rado towed back home but it hasnt stopped raining so I dont fancy playing electrics at the mo but I will definately try it later, cheers floppyman