Jack_B

16v Caliper upgrade question

Afternoon all,

just a quick question ...

I have a 16v corrado and i'm upgrading to G60 calipers (g54)

My existing standard calipers have a short solid brake line attached to them (and a bracket holding it in place) this looks like it would fit into the new calipers (which dont have this adaptor)however the problem is when attempting to get it of i've rounded the nut on the solid line so struggling to get it off and even if i do i dont really wanna put it on the new calipers with the rounded end.

after a bit of googling it seems that the flexi lines for my car are both terminate with female ends (hence the need to the solid line adaptor) but found someone saying that the vr6 flexi lines have a male and female end, so can i just forget about the adaptor and replace the flexi lines with vr6 lines straight into the caliper? or do i need to find replacement solid lines? i've had no luck in finding these anywhere yet

any help would be appreciated

cheers

i can custom make you a set of lines for the conversion, would need you too mesaure the length of the metal pipe and the flexi.

its not a avery common thing to do lines this way but its not un heard of, peugeot do it on the v6 coupe fitted with brembo brakes, they use a metal pipe to go from the caliper of around 13cm length and then go on to a flexi (i also make and supply these for the owners forum)