swillslet

2.0 16v 9A Loss of power, Spluttering!

Hello Chaps!

Have recently got my Corrado through its MOT. Have replaced the rotor arm, fuel filter, dizzy cap and rocker cover gasket. After driving for a few mins the car suddenly drops in power. I can put my foot to the floor and it takes forever to get through the rev range. When Im in 3rd going about 30mph it feels like is choking. I think it may well be a fueling issue but not 100% also idles irregularly but this is intermittent.

Any ideas on how best to tackle this?

Cheers

I have the same problem with my C 16V and after reading round on here it seems a very common problem! Here's my link:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?68873-Help-Fuel-delivery-problem-2-0-9A-engine

I havent managed to fix mine yet although I have replaced both fuel pumps, filter, coil pack, throttle body, idle valve, regulator and more in an attempt to do so. Im now looking at the MAF and Lambda sensor.

Good luck with yours, be interesting to know what it is!

Hello Chaps!

Have recently got my Corrado through its MOT. Have replaced the rotor arm, fuel filter, dizzy cap and rocker cover gasket. After driving for a few mins the car suddenly drops in power. I can put my foot to the floor and it takes forever to get through the rev range. When Im in 3rd going about 30mph it feels like is choking. I think it may well be a fueling issue but not 100% also idles irregularly but this is intermittent.

Any ideas on how best to tackle this?

Cheers