Sign in to follow this  
Spawn

G60- no spark

Help I'm not getting any spark from my g6o any ideas?

The Hall sender seems to be working.

The main ht lead is carrying a voltage.

But I am getting no spark whatsoever not even voltage through any of the leads

cheers

change the rotor arm and dizzy cap and see if that helps... Also check the earth strap from the battery to the chassis and then to the gearbox... if this has gone green then it needs replacing... :?

Im having the same problem with my car...I think? I bought a timing light...attached it to my battery, and clipped it over each spark plug wire, and none of them were getting a spark...and then i attached it to the wire from the starter coil to the distributer...and i wasnt getting a spark there either...So i bought a new starter coil, and im still not getting any spark...Im in the process of location the hall senderr at a vw dealership...Im not even sure thats whats wrong, but i guess im just going to end up replacing every part untill its right...Any ideas where the hall sender is located and how i can check to see if its working correctly? Thanks for any help.

The hall sender is part of the distributor. Best plan for checking that is replace the dissy. You can use one from any digifant Golf, jetta or 1781cc Passat. If you need a part number checking PM me.

Gavin

had the same sort a problem with mine when i first got it, would turn over for ages but not spark, turned out to be the ignition switch, the lights would light up on the dash, but once you turned the key to turn the starter motor the ignition would not have power,

so may be worth checking your ignition switch out,

to check dizzy and coil remove king lead ( ht lead from coil to dizzy cap ) from dizzy cap and hold near to a earth point. switch ign on. now remove the multi plug from the side of the dizzy and get a small piece of wire to push into the middle contact. now brush this against a good earth point and you should get a spark from the coil, if you do then no siganal from the dizzy.

next check with a test lamp or multi meter that you have 12v supply on the + terminal of the dizzy whilst cranking the engine, if you do then its new dizzy time, if not then check the ign switch