Sign in to follow this  
Andy92

Super Jetta ?

i will own up from start, its from eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting

but thinking today about a jetta with a G40/60 conversion of some sort. found this and thought it sounds quite nice !! would be a lurvely suprise to all them novas / saxos / clio etc

Any thoughts about this or buying a cheap jetta ( with a good body ) and getting an engine sub ? i have read that they suffer on handling but this can basically be cleared up with decent suspension ?

That appears to be a bit a of a beasty, with a good spec and mileage too, current price of £1500 looks like quite a bargain. :)

i've heard different comments about the Mk II Jetta (GTIs) handling, some say it's better than the Mk II Golf GTI, and you can certainly pick them up very cheaply now so it could make for an interesting conversion.... 8)

only other prob is that its a south african import, which i have heard arent anyway near as good as the german one ( for obvious reasons )

Much fun... That's basically the engine conversion I wanna do to my MKI GTI when I rebuild it.... ;)

Loadsa grunt with very little lag in a car that no-one will suspect of being that quick... 8)

Lotsa laughs.... ;)

Much fun... That's basically the engine conversion I wanna do to my MKI GTI when I rebuild it.... ;)

Loadsa grunt with very little lag in a car that no-one will suspect of being that quick... 8)

Lotsa laughs.... ;)

Makes me wish I'd kept my my old 895cc Mk I Polo and stuck a G40 engine in it!!

I'm sure that would have surprised a few people but it would have been *fairly entertaining* to say the least! :lol:

I'm sure that would have surprised a few people but it would have been *fairly entertaining* to say the least! :lol:

i guess you need to have a look in this month's 'retrocar' mag (i think thats what it's called :oops: ) and have a look at the yellow audi 50 with a g40 conversion done to it, its cool as 8)

Im trying to think of the white mk1 jettas you used to get on a 'B' or 'C' registration

they were GTI's but cant remember anymore becuase of 'senior moments'

they were white with a kinda blue stripe down the middle of them similar in style to F+F one,but they were ex factory.

£1600 for sure would buy you a few laughs :-P

i guess you need to have a look in this month's 'retrocar' mag (i think thats what it's called :oops: ) and have a look at the yellow audi 50 with a g40 conversion done to it, its cool as 8)

Audi 50 eh? Used to see loads of those over in Greece years ago, and in yellow too, same as my old polo! I'll see if I can find the mag you mean, cheers

I love the sounds of it, BUT dont trust that milage, its a bit old AND not sure about that milage, would have thought that such a toy would have a few miles. Also South African NOT the german model. Problem is this would be my only car that cant go wrong as im a poor student, so something a bit more realistic as well haha, but trust me i WOULD LOVE to buy it !!!