markieshero

Coolant fan operation

Hi,

Ive just put a new radiator into my 16V corrado and replaced gauge temperature sensor also as the temp gauge wasnt working, but I've now noticed I'm having some problems with the fan not coming on which i'm beginning to think may have been the original cause of the crack/leak in the first place. Now I have been able to confirm that its not a air lock because I have cycled the coolant through the pipes and basically everything to ensure there is no air.

Now I can't confirm whether this was the problem or not before my repairs, but I was just wondering if anyone could answer/confirm some of my queries.

Firstly the fan should switch on at approximately 105-110 oC shouldnt it?

There is 3 wires going to the fan, does anyone know the sequence of the power going to these for the fan to be operating?

Possibly swapping the switch which controlls the fan maybe an option as possible it may have been soaked before during the radiator leak, what do you think..?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Best regards

Mark

hello there

i have just red your post i too have an 2.0l 16 valve that has over heating issues

what i was wondering was does your radiator fan BLOW air from the engine side over the rad or does it SUCK air through it

many thanks

j