busby

Drivers Door Won't open from the inside / outside Fixed :)

Hello,

Just thought I would post my experience with this problem as it may help others in the future.

I Initially only had one problem, I had the dreaded click when I opened the drivers door one day, fortunately I knew from my brothers experience and the forum with Corrado's that this was a relatively common issue. Anyhow I got a repair kit of ebay and replaced the problem hammer.

I assembled it all back together , put the door card on and I was happy, I shut the door, but then I went to open the door from the outside and it wouldn't open. I wasn't too alarmed until I found I couldn't now open it from the inside either.

To cut a long story short , after fiddling with coat hangers and various tools my solution came in the form of a Halfords Offset Screwdriver.

With this tool from the out side of the car I was able to undo the bolt that holds the door handle on. Once I removed the handle, I noticed the metal trigger that is pushed down by the hammer ( I had just repaired ) no longer had any spring in it. I played around with the Central locking but nothing was happening.

So I held the metal plunger up and locked the car with the remote and it stayed up and bingo , I was able to open the door.

The reason the fiasco happened was because I didn't route the cable from the door handle properly.

Anyhow ,

Just thought I would let you know....

Now a much happier Corrado owner :)

Busby

Sounds like an absolute nightmare that mate. I was nearly locked out of my car with the engine running one time as my central locking only worked on passenger side so when I used the car I mostly just unlocked the drivers door manually. Went to get in the car after jumpin out for a second and the door mechanism broke, it was only because the boot lock was faulty too that I managed to get in otherwise I'd have been well and truly goosed

Thats sounds worse than my story, it's not ideal getting in a out of the car via the passengers door as I have been. Alas it seems I spoke too soon, intermittantly the actuator does not lift properly, it lifts the pin and drops a little. When this happens the door doesn't open . Anyhow I shall leave it until tommorow. If anyone knows the solution it would be of great help.

heres a tip for anybody playing with there door handles and locks, once you have flaffed about doing whatever it is your doing to the handles, you can check that all the mechanisms work as they should before you even close the door by operating the door latch by hand, {the bit the striker pin hits and rotates to keep the door closed } once you have done that you can try locking the car and basiclay test out if it opens from inside/outside, if all works ok the latch will spring open the same as if the door was actualy closed ;) might save someone a ball ache and a door card

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

does not lift properly, it lifts the pin and drops a little. When this happens the door doesn't open . Anyhow I shall leave it until tommorow. If anyone knows the solution it would be of great help.

mine did that for awhile, cant remember how i fixed it, try undooing the pin a little , failing that try it without the door card fitted,