Alex Bracewell

No boost showing in MFA and terrible MPG

Hello I have just bought my first '92 corrado G60 and I am loving it, however I'm getting very poor MPG (struggling to get 16mpg) even when driving very carefully. At first I thought it was the coolant temp sensor making the car run rich by indicating the car was still cold as my water temp gauge doesn't work, but i have tested them and they have a resistance of ~180ohm at operating temp. I also tried to check the boost levels in the MFA, but the boost level is shown as 1000 (atmospheric pressure). Does this mean that the ECU is getting no boost reading? Could it be the cause of the rich running? The supercharger is definitely working and has good boost, it was recently rebuilt by jabba sport. Can anyone offer me any help? :scratch:

Welcome to the forum, there is a black nylon pipe that goes from the back of the engine to the sensor on the clocks - you can usually here a sucking noise if it's come off inside the car.

The water temp gauge is fed by the black sensor at the front of the head, the ECU uses the blue one.

Yes, I wondered what that noise was haha, there's a definite sucking noise coming from behind the cluster. I'm guessing this will ruin my MPG as is it is a vaccuum leak? Your help is much appreciated (Y)