SpeedView

Hello from Marko@SpeedView

Evening all!

I'm Marko and run a company called SpeedView Displays. I sell a small head-up display that projects speed onto your windscreen and hope to create some “how to” guides for fitting it each to model with the forum’s help. Before we do that though, I thought I'd say hello and show that I bleed EP90 when cut...

Toys on the current fleet:

My first car – verging on family heirloom now as I’ve had it half my life.

It had an 8 valve pushrod carbed 2.3 petrol in at first, which did 15mpg, had 50 bhp, needed leaded petrol, and took a shade over 30 secs to hit 60. The insurers wouldn't let me put a 2.5 turbo-diseasel in, but any smaller engine was fine. (I was 17 at the time) Any engine I asked? Anything you like, so long as its smaller. I didn't ask twice!

The engine came from a Rover 220 Coupe Turbo, big intercooler, with the boost set to, err, several? Live axles, leaf springs, and drum brakes on the front and the rear. Knobbly Teflon cross-plies added to the fun!

modifications-004-1.jpg

fullscreen-capture-28112011-221149-bmp.jpg

I also own 1/3 of what seemed like a really, really, good idea in the pub. (Damn you eBay for Android) Could have been worse I suppose, as we found a few cheap double-deckers in the watch list.

An ex-Westminster XJ8 that Dave Cameron might drive it if he was as flair as JFK. She’s an early extended wheelbase 4.0 V8 sovereign with a half a hundredweight of structural reinforcement to replace the stiffness lost when the roof was removed. The structural work is complete, just the minor task of refitting all the electronics/interior and a lick of paint. Kitted out to tow so if you see any Oz Clark/James May worthy caravan knocking about...

img_4524.jpg

imag0945.jpg

img_8451.jpg

The sensible daily. They cost about 20 pence to insure, the engines/gearboxes are completely indestructible, and they're an absolute riot on the B-roads at “Hey, I’m not going to lose my licence” speeds. Point; squirt; (oppo); grin. Tedious on the motorway though and lacks 50-80 punch for A-road overtakes.

img_7174.jpg

imag1382.jpg

dsc_1230_exposure.jpg

Hello anyways, I hope I’ll fit in and can be of some use!

--

Marko

More toy detail here:

http://www.speedview.co/about