dochy

diy chemical dipping

has anyoune out there tried the diy dipping?home made kit consisting of a 5 gallon drum,copper pipe,water,caustic soda and a battery charger!!

i saw this in the web somewhere and am curious to find out if it works so that is my project for tomorrow night!!got a few bits to clean so i will update on how i get on unless i die in the process!!

There used to be a company based just outside Manchester called FROST AUTOMOTIVE they did a kit for this at a reasonable price

Not sure if they are still going, they also did anodising kits etc aswell

yeh they look pretty easy to make!dont have anyone local so would need to sent the bits away!!well worth a shot!!if you dont hear back then the chances are its gone horribly wrong!1

i've done it before, it wrecked my battery charger so i didn't bother with it anymore, good results from it, but i've since found deox-c powder gets as good if not better results without the faffing with wires etc.

just checked that stuff out as ive never heard of it before.looks awsome!im getting some!!maybe lots if it proves as good as it looks!

Go on ebay and buy citric acid powder instead. Much cheaper than deox and the same thing.

I got all my hubs and stuff soaking as I type. Minimal effort mess and cost.

Stuff comes up great after some soaking and a wire brush

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

aha good plan.what mixture did you use?i only want it to clean a rocker cover and supercharger bracket.how long would you need to leave these in u recon?