jonnykillpop

Idle too high now non-existent on vr6

Hello, Got a 94 24v VR6. Car started idling too low and rough so cleaned ISV with Car Cleaner but really worked too well and started ticking over at 1250 rpm. Lubricated the ISV with WD40 on someones advise and at same time disconnected battery for a while to reste ECU, again on someones advice, now worse than before started cutting out on idle when warm, and just tickijng over when cold. Apart from idle running fine, was Vagcom checked bout a month ago and everything fine, pretty new engine.

The carbon canister is disconnected but still on car, runs much better without, and was smelling of petrol before disconnected a bit.

The valve and sensor are still connected and the pipe to the throttle body capped.

I's also like to remove the PCV never like the idea of oily air going in and pipes leading to and from PCV look like they'll always give probs. Can you do this and what do you do with sensors of do?

Any ideas on ISV should I just clean again and not lubricate this time?

Can I remove PCV and just add breather filter and cap to intake or is this asking for trouble?

Appreciate any help, only had Corrado 6 months or so, love it but bit of a novice with it mecahnically, had old Fords as fun cars before this, lot simpler.

when my vr had idle/running problems it was down to the MAF, the connection plug was flooded with water!!! might be worth checking yours or giveing the sensor a clean ,