owen g60

Bit of advice

Hi guys

My other half bought her first car the otherday.

It has already cut out on her a couple of times. I have checked it over and the only thing I can find at present is some water in the oil... Possible head gasket.

I shall be checking the coolant with a sniffer later. And will be checking the condition of the battery too.

If it turns out to be faulty where do I actually stand.

The warranty states any repair undertaken will be 50/50 split.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Is there any time frame where they are legally obliged to take the car back if it turns out to be faulty... Head gasket etc??

Depends on how much it. was. If you paid say 5 grand for a 5 yr old car from a dealer then it would not be reasonably expected to blow a hg in a few weeks, but under a grand and it's basically sold as seen. It comes down to what is reasonable and that's how the small claims court would see it. too.

Have a word with them about the warranty and plead vehicle ignorance blah to see what they say. Have in the back of your mind what it will cost should you go elsewhere so if worst comes to the worst and they will only go half way it may be a case of cutting losses and going with that. Depending on the size and professionalism of the trader/company you bought from, you might find that if you play your face loudly enough and dont back down they may cave