Corradochris16v

Sagging bumper

My front bumper is sagging by about a 1 cm on the passenger side wing whilst the drivers side sits nice and close to the wing is it just a case of taking off and refitting or any one got any tips?

Cheers

Don't really know, but I tried lifting mine a bit all over, and it wasn't possible. In your case there just may be a slight bend on the bracket that holds the bunper in one side. The holes are elongated a bit where the brackets (horns) screws on to the big metal bar behind the plastic bumperskin as far as I remember, so it gives you a slight bit of adjustment. The Corrado was never a car with tight tolerances, so there will be some air between. Look also for the plastic holder on the front wing, as it can break.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Think so too. Btw. the plastic holders on the wings are fixed in their seating, so they are not adjustable. So if you raise the bumper in the front, it will look silly with airgap at the rear towards the doors. Anyway, I am sure you will correct it ;)

Be carefull with the 4 bolts that hold the bumperhorns, as they come off ease, but can destroy the thread when screwing them back in, by stripping the thread. New bolts and coppergrease are your friends. And remember don't drive without the front bumper, as the bolts also hold a front cross member (or whatever it's called)... ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Noticed this on mine ever since the wing was replaced , wonder if you could try adjusting the wing a little to make it fit tighter instead of the bumper.

Sure the cat may be there, but normally a wing is also sealed, not only screwed down. Worth a try.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Had a look underneath everything solid tried the all the bolts but were solid bumper won't even move up it might have just been always like it. will be taking the bumper off in the future to spray it so ill see if i can get it sitting right when i refit it. thanks for the advice anyway guys

The adjustment point you're looking for, is where the horns both on to the bar behind the plastic bunoper skin. So to adjust this, you need to take it off. Easy job.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Do You mean take the bumper skin off?

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Fantastic link cheers for that and thanks redfox I get what you mean now

No, leave in on the rebar. And take the whole front bumper off the car.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox