SLC_43

24v conversion

Hey guys, I found a 24v vr6 that comes with everything needed for a swap from the pedals, ECU, wiring harness, alternator, tranny (you get the point). But it's being sold to be swapped into another mk4 golf. What else would I need to fit it into a corrado if it needs anything else at all? All input is appreciated. Thanks

immo and immisions stuff in the ecu switched off, down pipe needs to be either modified or a 24v conversion DP brought, use your existing 02A vr gearbox as thats a direct fit with the mounts so you wont need that transmission it comes with, then your need to get the mk4 loom spliced with the ce2 corrado loom {thats the job you should get done first before you start stripping the front end of the car} and jobs a gooden, theres a thread stickyed at the top about this conversion , have a butchers.

I know the 02A bolts straight on but i found someone selling the 6 spd tranny with the motor still attached, Is there any advantage to sticking with the 02A or are you just saying it isnt required?

yea if you stick with 02A you dont have to make a gearbox mount, i havent looked into 6spd as im keeping 02a but im prety sure you would also have to change your shifter

to the 6spd, also with the wireing im guessing your american? iv been told you can use the engine harness from a 24v eurovan as the eurovan uses ce2 fusebox, so that might be a huge advantage for you, iv tryed finding one but no luck,theres a guy on vortex that has this setup in his mk2 golf he says its just plug n play!! but my engine wireing is apperently getting done today!! so cant wait for that!!!!

here check out 5th post down , that isnt the guy with the mk2

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5007074-24V-Vr6-Corrado/page4

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

newb! Use the search feature theres loads of info on how to do the swap including a downloadable instruction guide.

6 speed swap is possible but more work and £££'s