I need a cat for my Milltek exhaust in the next few weeks (for an MOT). However Milltek no longer sell cats. Can I buy "any old cat"? Would a Jetex cat, for example, bolt straight on with little additional work?

Thanks.

Doesn't appear to be. Or at least mine isn't. No cat on there at present and the old cat (supplied off the car by prevous owner) is longer than the decat pipe. I could just ask the garage to fit it back on and cut the pipework to fit (that's my plan B if needed). But I have no idea if the original cat is still any good after all these years. So thought it might be safer to just replace it anyway.

yea im prety sure its longer then the cat so it can be cut to suit to your existing cat,

also a thought, my system wasnt standard so my milltek catback wouldnt fit on to it, so the only way i could get it to fit was

to buy a decat pipe so every thing was milltek from the DP back, is there any chance the replacement cat you have isnt standard?

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

Thanks for the repies. Yes I can just get the old cat refitted and cut the exhaust to match. But my current decat pipe would then be useless. And of equal importance is that the old cat may either not be effective or, if it is, then surely must be nearing the end of its life. Having realised that cats are getting harder to get I'm even more determined to replace it now and not have to worry about it in the future :D

yea i understand with it not being able to be re fitted, {de cat pipe}, although what ever you cut off the main pipe {to allow cat to be fitted} could be added to the decat pipe,or on ebay theres loads of companys that make exhaust couplings/ connectors to your spec, so you could get one made to allow for the peice thart needs to removed for the cat to be fitted,

i.e a 150mm long x 57mm o.d connector.. also you could have one end flared for a bigger pipe if needed, slam on 2 clamps at either end and jobs a gooden!

heres a replacement cat , granted its not original but it has a 2 year garuntee so it cant be that bad http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-CORRADO-2-9-VR6-Catalytic-Converter-Cat-/200697166815?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eba7bbbdf