Haribo

Vibes still, very confusing

This follows this thread http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?71729-Vibes-but-apparently-nothing-wrong

ok so we changed the driveshaft, problem persisted, I took it to volksmania who found that the gearbox was broken, as was the clutch and front engine mount, all that has been changed and still the same problem.

I have had the wheels checked to make sure they are balanced and they are fine too.

REALLY confused now. Could a wheel bearing cause this? ive had the drivers side one done a few weeks a go but the passenger side one has no play and sounded fine when we check it in the air.

To clarify the problem, its rolls pretty roughly, but up to 40 you could pass it off as road vibration but as you approach 50 and so on a very noticeable vibrating sort of noise/feeling starts, the faster you drive the faster it vibrates and it persists with the clutch in, like i said, gear box and passenger side driveshaft have been replaced, it certainly feels like its coming from the passenger side.

Any ideas? Its going back to volksmania on Wednesday anyway but it would be good to try and get some ideas down.

How old are the tyres bud? I've known old misshapen tyres cause horrendous vibrations (especially if the car has been sitting for a long period of time.) A wheel bearing could also cause a similar noise, but usually the noise will change when cornering because you are loading and unloading the weight on the wheel bearing.

nah, the two front tyres have been replaced, the problem was there before and is still there now :(

Its back at volksmania now, theyre gonna check the top mounts and a few other things, I hope they find the problem, this is getting ridiculous :/