16v_alan

2.0 16v idle issue

hi guys

i've had a scan of previous posts and haven't come across the same symptoms described in a similar situation..

i've just returned home after working overseas for a year. had the c garraged before i left.

last week i rolled it out connected the battery etc started fine, changed the oil, booked it in for an mot. drove it nice and gently to the mot, passed, drove home. got car tax couple of days ago, so i'm all set!

went to start it yesterday, and it starts fine, but only if you give it some gas and only stays running if your foot is on the accelerator. i had it running in the driveway for close to half an hour to get it warmed up, but still won't idle independantly. i've driven it 10 miles up the motorway, but will still cut out when you pull up at a junction, or put it in neutral and allow the revs to drop off

the only thing that's changed between now and when i got the mot is that it's sat out in the rain for a couple of days

after looking at other posts i'm wondering if it could be the throttle body microswitch, but could do with some advice to point me in the right direction.

thanks alan