m4ttj4mes

hopefully the right section - headlight problem??

hey guys, really could do with some advice as the rado is getting dangerously close to the match in my hand haha, ive got a headlight problem in that, they dont work...

ive done;

replaced the headlight switch from one of the chaps on here

checked the whole loom (made few kinor repairs)

headlights are okay/bulbs too

made a new earth of the chassis (ground back to metal then painted over top once all bolted up)

helpful points;

when you pull the high beam stalk (as if wanting to switch to high beam) the high beam bulbs AND dipped beam light up?? (proving bulbs are okay)

i did break the clicker so IF they were working i wouldnt be able to switch to high beam now (however the problem was there before i broke it)

i have checked the loom behind the switch and there is a yellow wire cut but headlights were working with it like this before (previous owner)

i have had a look aropund the fuse box and it appears no wires are out/fuses are all okay (top fuse holder right at the top of the fuse box is empty however??)

could the problem be a relay or something like that?? getting hacked off now as ive got a million other things to sort out! bit of a dog when i bought it... but hey, someones gotta do it! any help would be greatly, GREATLY appreciated!

thanks guys

oop - corrado is a 1.8 16v KR engine '90 plate

Fuses 1 and 2 and 11 and 12 are for the headlights... no relays as standard but looms use them

If it's got an aftermarket loom fitted i'd rip it out and get it working as standard.

will check the fuses again pal but appeared okay last time, will replace them anyway, did seem to be a gradual problem?? worked, then sometimesworked, then stopped fully, sounds like corrosion but as said i had the loom all uncovered and rewrapped it after minor repairs... standard loom too

cheers

p.s does anyone know what the fuse holder on top of the fuse box is for?? same as the row of blade ones at the bottom but by itself above the relays... mines empty but assumed it couldnt be to do with that as there was no loose fuse in the footwell etc

Central locking and power windows.

ahh, thats okay then, have neither haha... do you guys think theres any chance it could be the switch?? just seems like something like that to me i.e it used to turn on and off sometimes but now not at all, although the old switch did that too. the sidelights do come on just nothing when you click it that last step for dipped. have a friend who works at honda and says he got a cool gizmo thats proper good for wire/power testing (not a multimeter though?) so that will probably be the next step, but as i said when you demand high beam then EVRYTHING lights up which made me think it was the switch (i hope these chinese copy ones arnt that bad...!) thanks so far guys