Sean-p

Electirc window help

Both windows work but they only work 1 at a time any help would be nice

also it has a standard central locking and when i lock it with the windows open it closes the passenger side window

a tiny bit and it doesnt do any thing with the drivers side window

cheers sean

It's quite normal for only 1 window to close at at time. They all work that way. This is also probably why the passenger window closed slightly. Mine does it with the roof as I guess that the alarm is briefly sending a signal to close and then halting the signal. So the first window starts to close and then stops. Quite normal for a Corrado I think.

Edited by Portent

The alarm will be running off the central locking wire - pretty sure this runs the motor in the direction of 'closed' until it's closed hard enough that the over-current protection on the motor switches it off. I'd be willing to bet that a bare motor (not attached to a window mech) would run forever since it will never have enough resistance to its rotation to trip it.

Same thing with the sunroof - this is why you can 'nudge' a sticky one open or closed by pressing the button many times, you have to give it a second or two for the overcurrent device to reset, but they take a short while to act so the motor moves a small increment each time you hit the button. It's a pain to slide it this way but mine lasted almost a year before dying completely :D

Stone