bennyboy

clutch problem

hi there guys im new to this site i have just got my corrado 2 days ago and been haveing this problem with the clutch and what it is the clutch seems to slowly pull itself to the floor when pushed on slightly and will not return dose anyone no what this is thanks ben

The clutch pedal relies on the pressure you create pushing it down to return itself when you let the clutch pedal up. It sound as if either the slave is leaking, remove and check for fluid in the internal boot, or the seals in the master cylinder are worn and allowing the fluid to leak past them. If the fluid level is not dropping it would point at worn seals in the master cylinder.The clutch shares the brake reservoir for its fluid supply.

Edited by Wullie

The clutch pedal relies on the pressure you create pushing it down to return itself when you let the clutch pedal up. It sound as if either the slave is leaking, remove and check for fluid in the internal boot, or the seals in the master cylinder are worn and allowing the fluid to leak past them. If the fluid level is not dropping it would point at worn seals in the master cylinder.The clutch shares the brake reservoir for its fluid supply.

Thanks mate I will have alook latter and see if I can see anythink and let you no I'm hopping it's not going to be somthink big like taking the box out or somthink :(

Thanks mate I will have alook latter and see if I can see anythink and let you no I'm hopping it's not going to be somthink big like taking the box out or somthink :(

Nah, won't be the clutch itself... most likely the slave if it's not one of the new alloy type ones - look for signs of fluid on top of the gear box.

..... look for signs of fluid on top of the gear box.

Must. Resist.