Jim

Three Peaks Challenge - Please Donate!

Hi all...

At the end of June, two friends of mine are doing the National Three Peaks Challenge. For those that don't know it, the challenge is to summit Ben Nevis, Scafell Pike and Snowden in a 24 hour period including doing all driving between the three venues. I'm posting about this because I've volunteered to be the driver / support guy :)

Volkswagen Press Office have rather fantastically agreed to loan us a Scirocco TDI for the event, and we've subsequently setup a "Just Giving" page at the below address. I'll be writing about my experience in a forthcoming issue of The Sprinter.

If anyone is feeling charitable enough to make a donation (which will be going to MacMillan Cancer Support) it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

http://www.justgiving.com/Chris-Wood18

Good luck to them. Its a good time of year to do it, I helped my brother when he did a few years back in winter. It was misreable. Once did Ben Nevis 4 times in a weekend so they will be sore!!

They've been training pretty hard and have already been on training runs up all of them, and done very well.. I think they're gonna make it :)

Where you starting scarfell from. Meet loads of people at work training to do this and they recon it the driving that does people in

Going from Wasdale mate :)

To be clear, I'm not doing the climbing at all.. I'm just driving, preparing hot drinks and stuff for when the guys get back to the car :)

Pleased to report my colleagues completed the challenge successfully within the 24 hours allotted. It was a tough slog for them and a tough drive for me. We're only £95 away from raising £1000 so it'd be really awesome if anyone could donate something.

Thanks.

Oh - and the Scirocco TDI was a Blue Motion - and it was absolutely SUPERB. I'm now convinced I prefer it to the 2.0 TSI and Scirocco R.