Swompy

Bit of forum adivce needed

Well done. I think it's the right decision even though it will be scary. Good luck.

Well unfortunately I didnt get the C&G job. but I start in the bakery on monday.

But I am continuing with the job hunt. I cant work in retail for all of my life and I'm determined to get out now.

Shame about C&G. But at least you tried and you took a brave step. As mentioned by someone above, fortune favours the brave :)

Well I've been in the bakery 3 weeks now and its going well. Quite a lot to get my head around but its good fun. Plus starting at 6 has its good points as I finish at 2 so still have half the day left. Also its great knowing any over time I do I get paid for now, or I get to finish early. So much less stress and every one says they can see a change in me.

Only down side is the 3 am shifts but on the plus side I get to leave at 11 :D

Today was the first time baking on my own. Started at 3 this morning and everything went to plan, didnt block the machine up with sticky dough and managed to get all the bread made before 6 which apparently is really good for my first time.

I must say I am very pleased with the way my Giraffe (tigar) bread came out as it is very difficult to get right. Not all were great but this was the best one so naturally I had to buy it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68424[/ATTACH]

Going to be a bit of a steep learning curve over the next 3 weeks as the main baker is on holiday, fingers crossed the next 3 weeks go as smoothly a this morning did.

I'm pleased it's going well for you Jake! The early starts must suck but leaving before lunch time must be awesome! :)

Awesome stuff Jake! 8) Nothing quite like the smell of freshly baked bread- yum!

I hope it means that when we next have a regional meet down that way, Jake can come along armed with doughnuts and cookies for everyone ;)

I once had a doughnut where there was no dough just a crispy shell and pure custard, eaten 1000's trying to find another like it alas no luck yet

I once had a doughnut where there was no dough just a crispy shell and pure custard, eaten 1000's trying to find another like it alas no luck yet

That sound like the holy grail of doughnuts.........

Getting back to the thread, i heard a saying on the interweb some time ago and it went something like this ;

"If you are unsure what to do, then toss a coin, not because it settles it for you, but because while the coin is in the air you suddenly realise what you've been hoping for."

I do like a good saying.

Edited by daleyboy