XM4RTYX

Cd player help

I haven't had my corrado that long! I bought a cheap 2nd hand cd player (Sony), I,m not the brightest when it comes to wires and things! But I know, the red and yellow wires must have been swapped around, as stereo turns off with ignition off! My problem is all radio stations I store/ time etc..... Reset every time I restart or turn ignition back on! Small problem I know, but it's really p******g me off haha, any help would be much appreciated, oh and sorry for being a complete noob :bonk:

Swap them back over again...

Thanks for the reply, if I do that is there a chance that it,won't turn off with the ignition? Are the yellow and red wires in the blocks or are they separate? Sorry again for being a idiot haha:bonk:

The yellow wire keeps power to your head unit when ignition is off so it can store your presets the red wire is your main live don't know if this helps but had this explained to me years ago as my head unit lost it's stations every time I turned the car off

The yellow wire keeps power to your head unit when ignition is off so it can store your presets the red wire is your main live don't know if this helps but had this explained to me years ago as my head unit lost it's stations every time I turned the car off

Ah right, thanks mate, so am I right in thinking you can only have one or the other (rather turn off with ignition or saving presets)

No you should have both connected so you don't lose the stations are they connected by two blocks?

I have took a photo mate, they are connected, maybe wrong though I will get photo up in about 20

Mins mate, if your still on! Thanks again

---------- Post added at 8:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:26 PM ----------

I finally managed to get a photo, this below is what my wires are setup as, does this look right?

IMG_0632.jpg

Yeah it's live mate, got me baffled, just noticed looking at this photo though (the yellow wire has to ports by the look of it, and it looks like it could do with being in left port rather than right, if you get what I mean although this might not make a difference) thanks Chris

Have you swapped the yellow and red wires (in the above pic)? So you have yellow going into the red and vice versa.

Don't forget you need to take the key out the ignition to turn the stereo off (well on mine you do).

Have you swapped the yellow and red wires (in the above pic)? So you have yellow going into the red and vice versa.

Don't forget you need to take the key out the ignition to turn the stereo off (well on mine you do).

Thanks krishen! I haven't tried that was really worried putting red to yellow and vice Versa in case I damaged the electrics etc... Like I say I haven't a clue at wiring haha

Hope you get it sorted mate and trying the other side works. Odd that there both live and it still don't work got me stumped

Thanks mate, I'll give it a shot tomorrow! Fingers crossed! Yeah I'm confused! I'll keep ya updated

Hi all quick update, krishen you were right changed wires over! Works a dream, even though it's only a little cheap 2nd stereo, I am over the moon! Thanks krishen, corradochris and supercharged :thumbleft:

Thanks guys, now the battery has died on my key fob haha, I tried to get a a27 battery everywhere, they are like gold dust now! Getting a battery from maplins tomorrow! ( they have them in stock), I daren't drive the corrado until I get new battery for fob, incase alarm goes off and then I cant reset it haha, I am loving this forum, the help has been 1st class :thumbleft:

It's always the way with corrados you fix one thing then find another problem lol this forum has helped me out loads top people on here

Yeah your right there Chris, fix one thing something else will pop up! But the corrados are well worth the hassle! Thanks to this car, I'm not missing my Audi TT as much as I thought I would! Absolutely loving the corrado :smug: