dumptyboy

Any suggestions? Central locking/closure problems..........

Ive tried searching before I posted this but unfortunatly cant find an answer to my problem:

I bought my VR6 about 3 weeks ago as a non runner due to an electrical fault. I stripped out the Clifford alarm, took out the massive amount of cables related to the aftermarket ICE system and removed any non original wiring, so that it was all back to the original loom. After removing all of this surplus wiring the car now starts and runs perfectly, but for some reason the central locking is not behaving! Ive just purchased a new wiring loom for the dash and a new central locking module.

I thought that perhaps the old central locking module was fried due to the previously dodgy wiring, so replaced it and it made no difference.

Basically at the moment the car is on my driveway, and I leave the battery disconnected so that it wont drain while not in use. When I connect the battery up and go to unlock the door with the key you can hear central locking pump and the doors/boot will unlock. But if I try to lock the car again nothing happens, only the door I have the key in will lock! The pump wont make any sounds either after the first turn. But if I disconnect the battery and try again it will work but only to lock/unlock once and then nothing.

I also swapped the central locking pump from a mk3 golf but that made no difference either!

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I really wont to get the interior back in, but not before ive fixed this fault! HELP!!:)

Cheers.Rob.

Just incase anyone wants to know, i managed to figure this out by tracing back all the cables and stripping back the fabric tape that holds the wiring loom together for the central locking. I thought the only other possible cause of this problem could be the wiring itself having a break in it somewhere. So I checked the most obvious place first inside the door lining, pulled back abit of the loom tape and found the problem, broken cables, and it was the same inside the drivers and passenger door. So I stripped back the cable, soldered them back together and shrink wrapped them. Reconnected battery and tested. And it all works perfectly again!

2012-07-01_13-56-37_163.jpg

2012-07-01_14-05-02_99.jpg

It has probably taken me the equivelent of a whole day time wise to figure out what was happening here. Changing the central locking module, central locking pump, removing handles to check for damaged cables and tracing back all the cables! But im really happy its all working like new again.

Well done mate.

I had this on mine a while back and fixed it same way as you mentioned above. Never felt prouder and the central locking still works today :-)