Stonejag

Door handle - cable routing?

Just replaced my door handle (again...) and it works fine, but when opening the door the handle sticks in the pulled-out position until I nudge the handle body or push the handle, at which point it snaps shut normally.

It feels like the striker may be binding on the central locking cable - how is it supposed to be routed? Looks like it should go straight out from the handle and between the two prongs of the C-shaped piece that engages the locking lever, but there's not really any room. There must be an official way of doing it :shrug:

Cheers,

Stone

I had that problem on mine.. I fixed it by loosening the screw, and moving the handle a few cm out (don't have to disconnect the harness), then spray everything with some lubricant. I also sprayed on the mechanism on the side of the door. Helped alot on mine! Now they're alot easier to open also.. Worth a shot? :)

I used Würth HHS grease (same as many people use in the G-lader when doing the boost-return mod.)