Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

Dark burgundy pearl Other for £4000 in Gloucestershire

Other | Dark burgundy pearl | Gloucestershire

Price: £4000

Description:

After much through and deliberation I have made the decision to sell my corrado. Its not a decision I have taken likely after all the money I have put into the car but I feel it is time to move on. I am paying insurance on two and I am only using the Corrado once a week if I'm lucky and cant afford to run it to and from work every day. Plus with a mortgage to pay and money very tight I dont really have much choice. I will be very sad to see it go but its just time to move on.

So about the car.

It started life as 94 VR6 in Dark burgundy pearl. It currently has 162k on it but dont let that put you off. IT has recently gone through an engine transplant at DG Autotech costing £3300 because the original VR6 engine was kaput with low compression in 3 cylinders.

No expense was spared in the conversion or in general on this car and great care was taken by Graham at DG to complete the job. The engine it is running now is a 2.8 24v vr6 from a Bora 4motion, engine code AUE. When the engine was fitted it had covered 60k miles. The difference between the two engines is night and day, so much torque in all parts of the rev range. The car was recently put on a rolling road where she made 219lbft of torque. The torque comes in quick and is a very flat curve (see pic below for recent RR graph). BHP was at 199, down on standard power but I believe this is because the induction cone is right behind the radiator. Moving the battery and/or washer bottle and moving the cone into this area and enclosing it would give a much better result. Sun roof doesnt work at all but never really looked into why. Passengers window works but some times doesnt all you have to do is open the door and it works.

Inside:

Black leather rear humped seat in very good condition.

Dark blue Porsche tombstones, half electric and in good condition.

Polished rear strut brace

Sony head unit

2 Fli 8 inch subs

2 Alpine 6x9's mounted in the parcel shelf,

2 JLB component speakers in the parcel shelf supports

2 component speakers in the front doors

1 Alpine amp and 1 Sony Xplod amp powers the above.

The sound system is great, loads of bass and sounds amazing. only thing that needs doing to make it better is to get the two component speakers in the door pods and parcel shelf supports hooked up to an amp. Seats are very comfy and keeps you locked in place

010.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

006.jpg

Exterior:

All red rear lights

Tinted head light protectors

Tinted side repeaters

Cades eros rims 16x7, polished lip with gold centers. 2" dish. good condition with only 1 wheels with curbing, the rest have very lights marks

5mm spacers on the front to clear the calipers

022.jpg

028.jpg

Over all the body work is ok, this is the only part that lets the car down. The front bumper is the worst of it and even if you were to just have this resprayed it would make the car look so much better. No major rust at all on the body work. first signs starting to appear at the bottom of the front wheel arch (by the doors) The front arches have had some sort of touch up pen used on them and the colour match is ever so slightly off. and some bits are pealing off. She still polishes up very nicely tho despite this and looks amazing when clean. (see pics below)

Break down of all the modifications and new parts since I've owned the car and that came on the car:

2.8 24v AUE engine

Koni adjustable coilovers

reconditions PAS rack

New track rods and ends

Jetex exhaust system

De-cat

slimline motorsport fan

Remap (cant remember what sort but if you get a revo one and move the induction cone it would see a considerable increase in bhp from what I had the other day)

New front wheel bearings

2 new drive shafts and CV joints.

There is probably loads more I have forgotten.

Over all this is a great car to drive, handles really wheel and the engine just keeps pulling and sounds very good too. the body work isnt great but dont let that put you off she still comes up a good one with a bit of time. No major rust on any part of the car and mechanically you cannot fault this car. No exspense has been spared on this car and I have spend 2 days cleaning, treating and protecting the body work

It just needs some one to finish it off now and it will be amazing. I just havnt got the time or money to do this. I am in no rush to sell and have priced the car at what I think is an acceptable price for all the work and extras included with the car.

Anything I've missed can probably be found in here

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?53227-Swompy-s-DBP-24v-Rolling-road-results

I am looking for £4000 which includes everything mentioned above (wheels, sound system, tombstones ect)

Based in Gloucestershire

Thanks for looking

049.jpg

053.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

1_10378_1341326676_

2_10378_1341326676_

3_10378_1341326676_

4_10378_1341326676_

5_10378_1341326676_

7_10378_1341326676_