voo51

L reg 1995?!

I am in the process of buying a Corrado, however I am a little confused, it is an L reg but the DVLA and HPI check come back as a 1995 model. It is also an ice violet which was only produced in 1994.

Could this just be a case of it being one of the last out the factory or it has a lame personalised plate?

Has anyone known of this before?

I would ringthe DVLA but they are closed till Monday.

I had similar issue with my Nreg Corrado. HPI checks, paperwork production year and registration date clearly states 15 May 1996! But as we all know they stopped making them in 1995! Never get to the bottom of this. All paperwork looks fine to me... maybe I am the only owner of 1996 Corrado in UK :)

Sorry couldn't be more helpfull.

N '96 just means it sat at the dealers, and was sold in 1996, then it was registered and they put a plate on it.

It should say in the service book when it was actually built, and it won't be after Sept. 1995 IIRC.

There are a few P reg corrado's, which means they also sat unsold for a while.

Remember, the old style number plates ran from March to the end of Feb the following year, so:

e reg = march 87 - feb 88

f 88-89

g 89-90

h 90-91

j 91-92

k 92-93

l 93-94

m 94-95

n 95-96

p 96-97

N '96 just means it sat at the dealers, and was sold in 1996, then it was registered and they put a plate on it.

It should say in the service book when it was actually built, and it won't be after Sept. 1995 IIRC.

There are a few P reg corrado's, which means they also sat unsold for a while.

That's great thanks, just what I wanted to know.

I had similar issue with my Nreg Corrado. HPI checks, paperwork production year and registration date clearly states 15 May 1996! But as we all know they stopped making them in 1995! Never get to the bottom of this. All paperwork looks fine to me... maybe I am the only owner of 1996 Corrado in UK :)

Sorry couldn't be more helpfull.

Think there are probably a fair few similar cars. Mine shows as having PDI on 22/12/95, then it was delivered on 02/01/96, in the V5 Date of First Registration shows as 04/01/96. Can't see anything specific giving a build date though. Maybe it is on the car? PDI date probably equates to the build date

Edited by Billzeebub

I am in the process of buying a Corrado, however I am a little confused, it is an L reg but the DVLA and HPI check come back as a 1995 model. It is also an ice violet which was only produced in 1994.

Could this just be a case of it being one of the last out the factory or it has a lame personalised plate?

Has anyone known of this before?

I would ringthe DVLA but they are closed till Monday.

Is the registration plate the original/been on for the car's history? The only thing I can think of is that at some point its had a private plate on it, but the original wasn't retained. When the car was sold by previous owners they transferred the private plate to a new vehicle and bought/acquired your current registration, hence the mis-match.

Think there are probably a fair few similar cars. Mine shows as having PDI on 22/12/95, then it was delivered on 02/01/96, in the V5 Date of First Registration shows as 04/01/96. Can't see anything specific giving a build date though. Maybe it is on the car? PDI date probably equates to the build date

PDI is pre delivery inspection. build date could've been long before that.

Well, update, the V5 states it was produced in 1994 but registered in 1995 which must have meant it was sat at the dealership like Joebloggs said. However, on the notes, it says the vehicle was registration as Daz5566 which I assume was a private plate. which is why it's now an L for the production year.

Is it a northern Irish car, as Z is an NI identifier? or the plate could have been originally as they tend to be kept as private plates when exported from NI especially if they make a name.