Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

Let the transformation commence

Good bye 8v, it's out.

Got the wiring for the VR in alreayd, been spending most of the time cleaning the filthy engine bay.

Can't put the engine in yet. I got sent a flywheel that was made wrong, so I can't do f*ck all else for a week apart from clean..

it's gonna be DAMN clean!

Cool! Glad to hear the 8V is out now with minimal hassles... 8)

Can't wait to see what you're gonna do with this VR you're installing... 8)

Hey,... heard about your flywheel 'fun' on clubgti.. but good to hear its still going ahead....

all the best..and look forward to hearing more..

yeah, I've read the sig, but that's not what you're gonna end up with... I know this thru experience... more will come! ;)

Corrado-forum.net Stickers? Good for at least 10BHP, and the coolest mod you can do to your Corrado... ;) 8)

Well, a flywheel that fits would be helpful...............

It's all gone tits up. the 8v is out, VR6 subframe, wiring loom and rear axle is on, but I can't put the engine in as I was sent a fualty flywheel!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

yeah, I know that feeling mate... :| you have my comisserations... I was sent the wrong wheel bolts and then found out my starter motor is totally dead which stopped me starting my engine this weekend... :mad:

Hope you give the supplier a piece of your mind and get it sorted ASAP... 8)

Flywheel is getting sent back. He was very apologetic about it, and it was a genuine mistake so I can't really slag him off much as he's been great to deal with. He's admitted fault and offered a full refund.

It was a bad idea to drop out the 2.0 8v lump comlete on it's subfraem with wishbones and everything....it's HUGE! it's taking up half of my garage!!

Anyway, the car is all ready to accpet the engine now, just need a flywheel and my hoses and I'll be away again.

do both the engines use the same fuse box type so you didn't have to mess about with wiring too much was it near enough plug n play?

yep, literally plug n play.

4 big white connectors, and about 6 or 7 little ones. all of which will only plug into the correct connectors. peice of p1ss.

getting the servo out and back in is the hardest part of the wiring.

so say i was wanting to replace an interior loom would it be just a case of unplugging the old interior loom and connecting in the new one, so the interior loom is totally seperate from the engine loom, sorry i'm not too clued up on wiring, thanks :mrgreen: How is the servo linked/effects the wiring? :?: