gregski

Real Gauge Instrument Cluster Problem not a pink purple periwinkle custom gauge post

So I am asking this question as my car in unadulterated and completely stock, nothing has been "deleted" nothing has been moved to the trunk there are no swaps or transplants of any kind, etc, so this may actually help somebody out since it is a stock question that anyone can relate to

I have no power to the digital readout gauges, and the speedo and the RPMer do not work, the water temp works and the fuel gauge still works

what gives people?

I have gone through all the fuses and replaced number (the eighth one over from some side) so 15 or number 8 I can't friggen tell which side is which any more, and number 10 or 13 again know knowing which side it was from but it was 13 over from that side. That didn't fix squat

forgive the attitude I am just in the hate state of my love hate relationship with this beat, went as far as priced her out on KBB to see how much I can get for her if I sell it, one of those days if you know what I mean, I friggen treat her so well nothing but the best gas, best oil, hand car washes and this is how she repays me, LOL I'm delirious

Have you checked fuses 16 and 21 ?

Fuse 1 is on the left as you look the the fuse box - all listed in the instruction manual.

thank you Super, so left to right, got it, I have checked all of the fuses one by one that's why I wasn't too concerned with which ones were which since I was checking them all, so in my case #15 was bad which translates to Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) Heating Element, and #10 which says it is Open but in my case there was a blown fuse there, go figure

#16 was good and the manual says its for the Voltmeter, Engine oil Pressure Gauge those work fine those are the ones in the center console

# 21 is the Cigarette Lighter also in good nick also in the center console

thanks again, but the mistery continues

Ah ok - your layout maybe completely different to ours in the UK or Euro spec...

What does your manual say for MFA? There should be one fuse for the LCD and one for the illumination

Do you have a Bentley manual?

Yes there is a diff between euro cars and ours in the US, we wish we had your cars, LOL. And yes I do havr the Bentley manual which is a major PIA it should have been broken down into two separate books for sure one for the VR6 and one for the four banger turbo. Then further broken down for euro cars and our cars, shovin all this info into one book with two pages per page is redunculous and the font and pictures are way too small, end of that rant

Fuse #3 is supposed to be Instrument Panel Lights, but I recon that means the illumination light not the digital displays that say how far you have driven or what your odometer reading is.