Sign in to follow this  
GCDG60

worn belt on g60

help, help............... went to the garage the other day to get an oil change and the mechanic told me my belt is extremly worn and about to break, its the one directly on the left hand side of the charger, is this the main pulley? neone know where i can get it changd? its parked up at the moment cause im to scared to drive it :(

I assume your man is talking about the Alternator/supercharger drive belt. If so I'd have a new one fitted. They fail rarely but you would lose electrical power from the alternator, you would have no boost and I think the water pump is off the same one too, so you would have no water cooling. It would leave you stranded if it went.

If you have AA/RAC then I see no reason to not use your car but be wary of going too far from home.

The belt is about 20 from GSF and a bit more for a VW one. Prolly about an hour to fit.

Gavin

help, help............... went to the garage the other day to get an oil change and the mechanic told me my belt is extremly worn and about to break, its the one directly on the left hand side of the charger, is this the main pulley? neone know where i can get it changd? its parked up at the moment cause im to scared to drive it :(

what size do you need ? if its for a 68mm pulley i can get one in the post to you for £20 deliverd..

My Belt nearly failed once. It just started to break up and it nearly sheared the pulley off(dont know how just what my mechanic told me). So I would agree if it looks bad change it asap could save you £££'s in the long run.