Sign in to follow this  
cope

When turning the heater on, prestone smell and fumes/smoke ?

Howdy peoples!

Car is a G60, and im non technical so please bare with me.

As i was driving, my temperature light started blinking but the temps where fine, reading 94-98 Degress. Took a look under the hood and noticed the level where you put in water to the rad was very low. So i added water to the norm and that fixed the temp problem, butttttttttt

For the last few days i have had my heater set up for cold air, but today it was a little cold as i was driving on the highway i decided to turn the heat on and when i did that my front windows fogged up and smoke/fumes started coming out like crazy, jeese i couldnt see anything. Felt like i was at a concert you know.

Turn it back to cold and it stopped, put it back to hot and again the same thing, prestone smell, windows fogged etc. I let it run like that and it eventually stopped but i dont think this is normal.

Anyone know what this may be? Heater Core / Matrix?

Thx!

Ok, it was the heater matrix. Volks Dealership put a new one in for free (: Also cleaned my carpets and did a car wash !! Yahoo!

would a dodgy heater matrix cause the water system to build up too much pressure as mine does the sam as what cope explained.