Sign in to follow this  
djnomer

oil sending unit g60

my oil warning light keeps on going on and off on the intrumentall panell dasboard and i want to change the sending unit on the engine but i dont know where... coz theres one on the side of egine and two close to the oil filter i think one of them is a oil temp ... maybe my oil sending unit is not working or some wiring is disconected.. help please :(

Ah-ha! This old Gem again... :)

There are 2 oil pressure switches on the G60 engine, and you've correctly identified them both! 8) The oil temp sender is the smaller one on the filter head at the front of the engine, the other 2 are pressure switches...

Replace 'em both, it's a whole lot easier than messing about.... ;) They're not expensive (it'll cost you around £10 for BOTH senders!) They look identical apart from the colour... you'll need one blue one (on the side of the head) and one black on (on the oil filter head). They simply unscrew and then the new one just screws straight back in... 8)

Make sure you've not run your engine in a couple of hours, as you will spill a VERY small amount of oil, but it's enough that it'll give you a nasty burn if it's still hot.... :|