Jamie

a 20 year itch scratched - finally!

Well after numerous other VWs, a handful of classic Americans and various scooters I've finally got the Corrado VR6 thats been in the back of my mind for the best part of twenty years so I'd best say hello :)

*edit* Just noticed its taken me over six years since I registered on here to make my first post and all lol

Welcome chap, don't leave your second post until 2018!

As they say on Pistonheads, top lurking! :)

More details on the car? And welcome aboard :)

That has to be some sort of record!

Let's see some pics :)

Hahaha must be. You want pics of me or the car? :D This is the only pic I have on my phone at the minute. Is it a car the forum knows?

1eef82c2.jpg

Dont really know what to say tbh. It's a 93 VR6, pretty clean but obviously been painted recently, 139k miles with lots of history. good bits - head was rebuilt at around 110k has 312mm brake conversion, AMD remap, BMC induction kit, Milltek exhaust, Weitec coilovers, polybushed, mocal oil cooler, Audioscape door pods, Recaro seats.

There are a few little things that need sorting, some of which I knew about some I have found later - sunroof doesn't slide, ABS light doesn't work, wheels have been brush painted with smoothrite, OS door mirror not working and has a slight fuelling issue I'm going to ask about elsewhere. It drives really nicely though, there's nothing that can't be fixed and this is going to be a long term project...

Oh and that sound... :D

Tried putting some pics up last night chaps - had a message saying a moderators got to give it the ok before it's posted...

So long as the loud pedal works, you can resolve the faffy fixes along the way.

All the upgrade boxes have been ticked as well, which is always great to see.

Welcome aboard.