plummer

Removing Radiator and associated parts

Got back both the slam panel and radiator support after sand blasting, I cannot say I was too happy with the level of work done so decided that I would dip both parts in Bilt-Hamber Deox-C to kill any remaining rust. Being honest I didn’t think this actually made any improvement, only time will tell. Both parts now with the painter for spraying.

Bumper carriers and cross member were both returned powder coated. The rear bumper support must have being a bit weaken by the rust as the blasting eroded two small sections on the link pieces(will have to source a replacement), I would have expected the powder coaters to give me a bell after blasting with this so I could have had at least the choice to repair or not before coating, the front was in better shape. The cross member was in good nic leaving but looked well coated. The vibra-technics mount also arrived so got just left in loosely to see how see looks.

I did the work you have done two years ago, and rather than get stuff dipped/blasted by someone else, i decided to do it myself with an angle grinder and heavy duty wire wheel, i got through nine of them. Point being i wanted to do it myself, dismantling, cleaning, painting, then building it up again. Restoration, to me, means doing the work myself, not only to say that i have done it but also so that i know what sort of a job ive done. It took me eight months of holidays and weekends, if you want a job doing properly then do it yourself that what i say anyway.

Next job for you will be the sub frame, good luck mate.

When I pay top dollar I expect top dollar work and in this case I don't think I got it so a bit disappointed in this regard. Agreed, if I had the time, skill and equipment then I would do it all myself and then get it done 100% to my satisfaction. At least I will have all fresh bolts for when I need to dismantle again:) now must just find replacments to what I dislike

Anyone know if the following metal washers(clips) on the headlights where the retaining screw pass through, have part numbers and if they are avaialble?.