Sign in to follow this  
bigbob

Help with my alarm

Hi, i have an alarm fitted to my C that is being removed soon and replaced with a CAT 2 Toad imob.

However for now, i would like to de-arm the alarm because it keeps going off and disarming itself when it feels like it - v. annoying !!

Ive tried all the fuses and none of them work the alarm, there is no clear wire to the battery and im not risking snipping any more wires behind my dash!

Any ideas.............. ?

Ta

C

None of the cars fuses should be capable of disabling your alarm. What make is it? Is there a diagnostic feature to the alarm?

This will tell you what is setting it off. You can then work on that. I would start with the bonnet switch. Find it and disconnect it. Next if you have ultrasonics try taping one up.

If either of those cure the alarm conditon, you can still use your alarm til you get the immobiliser fitted.

Gavin

You should be able to find where the wires have been cut put in series with the alarm switches. The easiest way is probably to trace back from the main unit, and where you see a coloured wire chopped in half and put in series with two black wires (or otherwise depending on the alarm), remove the black wires and reconnect. If you're going to do all that though you may aswell fit the new one, orthough it probably needs to have a fitting certificate for the insurance.