MaverickG60

OZ Futura's

Just after a little advice really, I've seen some OZ Futura's that were originally off a Porsche 968. They're 5/130 which is easy to fit to a 4/100 stud pattern by using adaptors, my question is would the wheels fit with ET's of front 56 and 8.5J and rear 61 and 10J?

Any advice would be greatly received as this is the first set of porker wheels I've looked at.

Thanks.

They do come up in friendlier sizes from time to time, just keep an eye out.

I've done a lot of experimenting with wheel widths and would only just about recommend a 9" rear if you're prepared to drop low and cut arches.

Otherwise 8's are your limit. 10 is insane and only to be attempted by very few!

317482_10150331384051769_403281408_n.jpg

5800_136676111768_2137127_n.jpg

Cheers! I sold them last year for about £850 from memory.

You always get people start at £1k+ but they seem to sell for £700-900 dependant on condition.

Check eBay.de too, could get lucky there.

Yeah figured that sort of price. I find it some what hilarious that 10J rears are substantially cheaper just because they have no application on VAG cars, massive scene tax!

Found only 1 set in my quest, eBay, 8.5J front & 10J rear off a Porsche. Seems they're thin on the ground not unless I'm not looking in the right places? Tried eBay.de no luck, either 18 or 19'' and all have 10J rears.

When you say 10J's won't fit, why exactly? Is it just clearance issues?

Please excuse the obvious questions but wheels has always been something I've never really bothered with up until now, so just getting my head around the whole concept...

Yeah figured that sort of price. I find it some what hilarious that 10J rears are substantially cheaper just because they have no application on VAG cars, massive scene tax!

Found only 1 set in my quest, eBay, 8.5J front & 10J rear off a Porsche. Seems they're thin on the ground not unless I'm not looking in the right places? Tried eBay.de no luck, either 18 or 19'' and all have 10J rears.

When you say 10J's won't fit, why exactly? Is it just clearance issues?

Please excuse the obvious questions but wheels has always been something I've never really bothered with up until now, so just getting my head around the whole concept...

yes its down to clearance.

this pic:

5800_136676111768_2137127_n.jpg

is a 9J ET15 after adapters. I also tried them as ET25 and they did just about fit, so in theory they come in by 10mm. Look at the above pic and imagine the wheel sticking out by another 15mm [extra inch less the 10mm they can come in]. It would be ridiculous. Even if you did that, you now have to stretch tyres enough to get them inside the wheel arch. That's gonna mean 205/40's on a 10" wheel. [the above is 195/40] I'm not saying that's not possible, but it's super stretch.

So now you have 10" wheels sticking 2" out of the arch, on tyres designed for a 7" wheel. You're gonna have to cut the inner arch lip out if you want to lower the car at all, but its still gonna rub. So now you have to flare the arches to stop the rubbing.

Once you've done all of that, you now have to get those wheels moving. your G60 now has the power of a 16v, not to mention the tram lining!

Trust me, its not a good idea. :geek:

---------- Post added at 6:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:58 PM ----------

Search for fittipaldis too, virtually the same wheel.

These could just about work with 15 or 20mm adaptors.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/17-OZ-Racing-Fittipaldi-dreiteilig-MB-VW-5x112-8-9-/360099770489

I dont know if id want to be the one to say a 9.5 is doable or not, but mine fit at ET15&ET25.. In theory, a 9.5@ ET18 Wouldnt be any closer to the strut and would only stick out 4mm more than the pic above.

Have a look on 'willtheyfit' and play with some offsets.

530023_10150976597576769_681122049_n.jpg

You would still need to run a pretty big stretch though - 205/40 on a 9.5.

In terms of how hard they are to get hold of, earlier in the year there were about 3-4 sets on Edition38. before that nothing, last summer about 3-4 sets.

So yes, theres not many about, but if you're looking for long enough they do come up.

Cheers for that mate, awesome little tool! Well I can only go off advice from those that have the experience and seen as have none when it comes to wheels I have to take it, so if your saying 9j is the max you could run on a Corrado without massively butchering the arches then that's fine.

Are there many different adaptors you can use to change from 4x100? I've found a few options on venom motorsport 5x100 and 5x130.

Are BM wheels doable on a Corrado?

there is a set on edition 38 now, guy wants £1250 though!

For sale i have my OZ Futuas, was planning on keeping hold of them but change of circumstances means they have to go.

They are 17x9 all round 5x100 stud pattern, no re drill here

Tyres are Toyo Proxes T1-S 215/40/17s there is slight scrubbing on the side wall of one of the tyres, nothing major......good tread on all of them.

Wheels could benifit from a good polish.

One of the wheels has a flat spot on the inside lip, have tried to capture it in the pictures.

DSC_5692.jpg

DSC_5689.jpg

DSC_5690.jpg

DSC_5691.jpg

DSC_5694.jpg

DSC_5695.jpg

DSC_5696.jpg

DSC_5699.jpg

DSC_5695.jpg

I am after £1250 for them, not interested in px's or trades (unless its a deal on 301's :p)

I am located near Horsham in West Sussex: collection only will not post

Contact No is zero7 seven eight 61 five zero 9 seven : Paul

Cheers for looking

Paul

Thanks Paul for the find but that's comedy money in my opinion, they are without doubt a lovely wheel but too much! I may have to re-evaluate my wheel choice as I didn't want to spend more than £800.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

There not mine :lol: I am Rob :p

I did think the guy is asking to much! Who has £1200 floating around at the mo!

There not mine :lol: I am Rob :p

I did think the guy is asking to much! Who has £1200 floating around at the mo!

Ha! Just realised!!!

Well I'm sure someone will pay it, but not me. £1200 is a lot of anybody's money!

Thanks again... Rob.

thats big money considering you'll never find a replacement inner barrel. alright, it will probably straighten, but thats E38 strong money!

what are you hoping for at £800? wheels/tyres/adaptors as a full package would always have been a struggle.

keep the money to one side and bide your time. either those, or something else very nice will come up in budget if you're patient.