tentonhammer

Headlight lamp configuration

I'm over hauling my headlights and tidying everything up from previous owner as his work was TBH f*cking terrible. All I have left to do is tidy up my headlight indicators.

Basically, I need to find out what lamp and bracket fix into the inner reflective housing in headlight on a standard 92' 16V 2.0?

I presume an indicator goes here but as I have a smoothed front bumper on my C (was bought this way) there's no where else for an indicator to go so of course my indicator has to sit in this position! I want to fix the correct indicator lamp into the headlight properly via correct bracket so that it doesn't move around and come loose. At the moment I've got what look like small 2 x flat side indicator bulbs wired in and then poked through the inner reflective housings with no bracket to support them???? Seriously WTF... ! Problem I have is because they're wired in directly I can't even swap them out if one blows - I need to solder one in! Laughable... but very annoying now that one has, you guessed it - blown.

If somebody could confirm what lamps (and brackets if poss) fix where into headlight reflective housing that would be great. Headlight setup and bumper setup would be cool.

FYI - All wiring for bumper fog lights and bumper indicators are still intact and work normally- This has been tucked away quite nicely in case I wish to revert back to stock bumper arrangement.

Will try and take pics later on today in case anybody is confuesed... I would be!? lol

Cheers,

Edited by tentonhammer

Yes, I have by the looks of it small orange side indicator bulbs placed inside the headlight unit - Main/High beams on the outside and the rather dodgy indicator bulbs (wired in directly) on the inside.

They look a lot like this:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/501-W5W-ABD-Capless-Wedge-Replacement-Bulb-Amber.html?bulb_search=c27440

But in this position:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68721[/ATTACH]

Ah, so they put indicators in place of the main beam spots, one way of doing it I suppose, could you not use the sidelight bulb fitting in the main headlight reflector? or even drill another hole for a second sidelight type fitting?

mind you it probably wouldn't be bright enough really, best to have a larger bulb fitting than the diddy sidelight ones probably or it might not be bright enough for the MOT

Looks like they've spliced into the indicator wiring for the original bumper indicators, hence why they're directly wired in and pushed through the headlight reflector housing. Although yeah, they work fine and totally makes sense why they did it that way, it's a pain in the arse when it comes to changing them. They also rattle around in the headlight reflector housing because the original main spotter brackets that fix the spotter lamps in place have been removed.

The side light fitting might work provided I can fix it into place somehow. All I need is 2 of these and some spade connectors I guess:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-POLO-PASSAT-MK1-MK2-CORRADO-DERBY-SIDE-REPEATER-INDICATOR-LIGHT-BULB-HOLDER-/261066650814?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc8c8f4be

Even better:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GOLF-MK1-MK2-CORRADO-CABRIO-CLEAR-SIDE-REPEATORS-NEW-/251058375827?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a743ecc93

Fixing ideas?

Edited by tentonhammer