vw_john

Lost my door key!!

I have seperate keys for ignition and the doors, dont know why but i do, however i lost the key to lock the doors today!

how can i fix this?

does anyone have a spare drivers door handle and keys?

---------- Post added at 2:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:59 PM ----------

will mk3 golf door handles fit? or even the tumblers from the lock itsself fit?

am sure you can alter the door locks to work with whatever key you have, i.e: setting up door to match your ignition.

think its called retumbling

---------- Post added at 2:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:47 PM ----------

is this any help?

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?44487-How-to-make-1-key-open-all-4-locks-cheap!&highlight=retumble

I've got a similar problem. My keys only work on the ignition and boot lock so I have to use the key fob to open it up, which is fine till my battery decides to go flat and I have to crawl through the boot to reach the door lock.

I looked at that retumbling guide a while back but it looks like you need the correct key for the barrel to remove it. Anyone know if you can you get the barrel out without the correct key?

Go keyless and get yourself central locking and alarm system :cool:

Alternatively contact VW and give them your chassis number, they may be able to sort you out a new key

Edited by tentonhammer

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Complete-set-of-door-locks-VW-Golf-MK2-GTI-GLI-G60-Handle-barrel-boot-lock-keys-/251043695739?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a735ecc7b

would these work? could i just put the barrels in the existing locks?

need to know ASAP really as I have to get to work and the areas a little dodgy and its only so long before someone tests my doors...

Should have said this last night -

Will the key you have open your boot? If so get in through the boot, lock doors from the inside and crawl back out. The boot locking barrel has a quarter turn in it that allows you to either open the boot by a press of the barrel button or to open manually with a key. Your ignition key MIGHT at least allow you to do this giving you access to the vehicle

it turns in the boot, but wont lock it once its unlocked, so I'm doubting it will open it? also I cant push the pins down for some reason? there seems to be some resistance from the central locking system...

Think im going to call a friend to get an alarm put on. its probably for the best as I have no security! hhaa