Sign in to follow this  
IMurSTAR337

Looking for a color code.

Interested in having my corrado repainted an OEM Blue (doesn't have to be Corrado, but I'd like it to be atleast VW). I'd also like it to be similar to the car below. I was told this color is called Deep Blue Pearl but I can't find it.. So if you could show me pics of your blue cars I'd like to seem them. Specifically:

A5Y Heliosblue metallic

A5Z Strato blue metallic

C5Z Blue pearl effect

C5U Aqua blue pearl effect

K5T Inka blue metallic

C5T Purplelightblue pearl effect

C5V Midnight blue pearl effect

P5K Limoge blue

C5M Moonlight Blue Pearl

C5L Mystic blue pearl effect

THANKS!!

Oh and if the car is your sorry for not asking to use it but GAWD is it beautiful!!.

Mine's Aqua blue pearl.... (LC5U) 8)

Is dark blue until sunlight hits it when it has a lovely deep purple flick to it... 8)

This is my mk2. Colour is P5U Bright Blue Metallic.

I don't think this was a Corrado colour though.

Untitled-141.jpg

Wow C5P looks really similar too. Could be that in my pic the saturation is turned up on the car too.. I love the color on the R32 as well.

Hey VR6 is the car in your picture Aqua Blue Pearl Effect (C5U) ?? It looks much brighter than Henny's.. Just trying to see wich colors have the widest range of color as well.

Thanks guys keep them coming.

best colour blue ont he forum has to be stevie b's i think it is...try looking for him in the gallery section of the site.

He has a subaru racing blue..sorry not VW. Mine is LC5U too...except the wing seems to be purple right now :roll:

.......Hey VR6 is the car in your picture Aqua Blue Pearl Effect (C5U) ?? It looks much brighter than Henny's.. Just trying to see wich colors have the widest range of color as well........

Yep Aqua Blue Pearl, treated to lots of TLC and Swissol cleaning.

The Aqua's can look very dark in the shadow or very purple in the light. One of the reasons it's such a good colour - it can look dark blue or purple or somewhere inbetween!

Wow I've never seen a pic of Aqua Blue Pearl that Bright before.. Beautiful!!..

I'll go look for Stevie B's car as well.. I'd love to stay VW but if I find a stunning blue by another manufactur I'll go with it..

Thanks again guys. Can't wait to see the rest of the colors.

Man Dubbprince nice call.. I found his car.. I thought DAMN that's his car I have pics off but when I pulled them up next to each other they aren't the same car, the pic I have is just a bit brighter (could be just sun).. But that Sonic Blue is AMAZING as well!.. Man Def my #1 If I can't find what's on this car.

I was thinking it might be a corrado color because even the engine bay is sprayed in this color.. That or he just went through a complete respray on it..

its a good one that....totally awesome lookin blue...you shoudl try to get colour swatches from porsche/subaru...perhaps TVR. they all may have some types of blues that are one off lookin.

I have to pop into a paint place this week anyways...i'll ask for some codes while i'm at it mate. If i can get anything more i'll post it out to you.

Also find out how much sonic blue may be by the litre. 8)

Sanjay.

Thanks for the help.. Any striking blue you come across definetly let me know.. Oh and not that it matters but I think you guys would refer to me as a 'bird' not a 'mate'.. Thanks again!

sorry lady...didnt realise.

I was at the paint place today as they were tryin to get a colour match for my car...basically from what i saw, they get a print out of how much of each paint code they need to put in...i.e.

violet- 127.3gm.

black-191.5gm etc..

so the lady in there showed me how they do it, and she got a paint code similar to mine and left some silver out in it and it came out a really nice mettalic blue not seen above.

whatever the code you get or have..take it to a professional place and tell them if you want it darker...redder..orange whatever and they can get youa one off paint code!

Check this site out too:

http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/search.pl

search any paint code/any make of car etc...and all years nearly.

many nice porsche colour codes that could be mingled with! :)

Sanjay.