little andrew

Rear Inner Arches

I finally have the corrado in the garage to wax oil it. My question is on starting to clean the built up mud off with a soft brush in the archs I noticed the arch was coming up the same colour as the car, did they come like that from factory? Stupid question maybe I had noticed before in between all the textured bits of mud and dirt some blackberry coming through but presumed it was probably over spray as the car has had paint before. If so I'll just wash and try to polish them rather than coating them in wax oil.

Having recently wax oiled our 2002 ford focus I must say the corrado is in a lot better condition underneath, yes all the black metal bits have surface rust and need painting but the shell itself is solid, quiet impressed. There's no contest comparing the rust free rear corrado arches to the rusty ones of the focus, mainly thanks to the material inner arch linings soaking up the wet and sitting up against the shell.

It's got some colour in the wheel arch. Not a total solid block which you will see if you clean right up to the strut top.

The arches have a rubbery covering (as does the underneath) which then got a reasonable amount of paint but not to the nooks and crannys... The fronts have the plastic liner that gives even more protection but under those it still has the rubbery covering.

Pics of Kips nugget & my daily rear aches pre and post cleaning.