Sign in to follow this  
biggerbigben

And so to the bodyshop she goes.....updated 27/04/04

ah, I always wondered why you'd painted the inside blue.

is it all up and running now then?

Yeah, it meant I could crack on and get the engine in and the interior...

The engine turns over but I'm waiting for a new amplifier for the coilpacks as the old one is faulty then it should fire up. Going to be a rush before inters..

any news on those rims Mr PhatVR6?

Easy Ben Its looking good..

That engine bay looks familiar :lol: ... how you doing chap.. you going to Doncaster this weekend as I might have a few polished bits you might be interested in eg.. manifold and rocker cover.. :wink:

Andy

Can't get hold of the guy at the moment. I'll give him a ring now to check on stock and sizes and offsets.

Easy Ben Its looking good..

That engine bay looks familiar :lol: ... how you doing chap.. you going to Doncaster this weekend as I might have a few polished bits you might be interested in eg.. manifold and rocker cover.. :wink:

Andy

hi mate, sorry not going this weekend, got a party in london to go to. There after I'm going to be working on the car. come and see the car at Inters, we'll have a chat then.

PhatVR6,

No probs...

ben how much is the car worth altogether now??

i can't believe how fast they'll get that car done.

How much is it costing you to have rear badge welded and sprayed over? :?:

ben how much is the car worth altogether now??

i can't believe how fast they'll get that car done.

How much is it costing you to have rear badge welded and sprayed over? :?:

No extra charge to do the welding, only took 10 mins to do!! The whole thing is going to be about £900 cash in hand (no VAT).

Its not going to be a Premier paint job but it will be ok for what I need it for. The main essence behind the project is no longer the apperance but stealth with big power! Thats why the flared arches and audi A6 handles were aborted last minute! Will take a few pics tomorrow and friday.

I have done some of the prep-work before you ask, which helps to keep the cost down a little.

Thought the jap exhaust was a little OTT but I've changed my mind now!

thats great ben..atleast you did the prep work to keep cost down. Are you re-spraying it aqua blue then? i'm sure it will be a right stealthy corrado...but i still hoped you'd atleast go for flared arches and huge wide wheels..

theres just too many guys now getting out loans and puttin 20vt engines in their mk2's...no offence to anyone on here, but someone needs to go a step further and do BOTH engine and exterior mods..ben, can't wait to see it in the flesh, its coming on nicely.

Did you mangage to get that coil pack thing sorted..atleast i thought that was why it wouldn't start. :|

The jap exhaust...looks nice..why has everyone just about with this engine gone for one..is it the tunable kind.

How exactly did they weld shut the rear VW badge??

Sanjay.

thats great ben..atleast you did the prep work to keep cost down. Are you re-spraying it aqua blue then? i'm sure it will be a right stealthy corrado...but i still hoped you'd atleast go for flared arches and huge wide wheels..

theres just too many guys now getting out loans and puttin 20vt engines in their mk2's...no offence to anyone on here, but someone needs to go a step further and do BOTH engine and exterior mods..ben, can't wait to see it in the flesh, its coming on nicely.

Did you mangage to get that coil pack thing sorted..atleast i thought that was why it wouldn't start. :|

The jap exhaust...looks nice..why has everyone just about with this engine gone for one..is it the tunable kind.

How exactly did they weld shut the rear VW badge??

Sanjay.

I know what you’re saying about body mods but it's the time + money to do it which I've have run out of both!!

The jap style exhaust I chose when I was having the exhaust made, thought it might be a bit different, obviously not! Was going to have a hidden one, but what’s the point when you have 360bhp! You need some give away that it has a beast of an engine.

Re- everyone doing the conversion - I agree!! but I started mine 2-3 years ago so it was quite original back then especially with 4wd...

If you are concerned about the big wheels, wait and see as I'm working on getting some nice rims!!! Might have them ready for inter's not sure yet.

The rear badge and hols were just welded up then grinded down, the skimmed with filler or P60, not hard, took 10 mins to do.

Engine problem should be sorted soon, think I know the problem!

I can't wait to see it done.

After going through a full body mod respray myself I know what a stressful time it can be.

Best of luck, how it turns out as good as you're expecting.

sounds absolutely amazing...... makes me wanna strip the VR now n throw cash at it!! Daft question, but are the 20vt engines actually that expensive?

looks like its coming along nicely mate :)

looking forward to seeing the final result 8)

sounds absolutely amazing...... makes me wanna strip the VR now n throw cash at it!! Daft question, but are the 20vt engines actually that expensive?

I reckon if I had my time again and I found an engine for good money (not 1500 like some people are asking, more like £750, which is what I paid for mine) then I could fit a 20vt into a corrado with a K04 turbo and manifold, got it to 280bhp all for around £2k (depending on engine management!!

so let me know if anyone wants one fitted... :D