OllieVR6

Anyone going to waxstock tomorrow?

Did plan to but my mates have decided to go skeggy instead. I'll visit Stamford car show now instead. It's just up the a1 from Peterborough if your interested in visiting that aswell. Lots of old classics :)

Ollie, please report back on here mate. I am interested in maybe going next year, have fun :D

Well it was a very nice day! Being the first ever it was a small affair (by the standards of long established shows) but that was to be expected. We rocked up about 11am and left about 3.30pm.

There were a dozen or so show cars inside the building and all very very fine examples of well maintained cars. There were old and new cars from an old Ford to an almost brand new Golf and you would honestly think that they had both just rolled off the forecourt. There were also some cars outside, again a mix of old and new, I'm not sure why some were outside whilst others inside.

Loads and loads of stalls from the various online vendors (CYC, Elite Car Care etc) as well as stalls from the likes of Megs and Dodo. They were all offering discounts (some better than others) and all had masses of stock so you could get what you wanted.

For me the most important part of the day was watching a live demo of a rotary polisher (by Dave KG if you are DW forum users) and learnt a lot! Picked up on the mistakes I had been making and now I'm desperate to get my hands on a rotary and have another go. Honestly there is no substitute for seeing something like this done by a pro!

I really hope they do it again next year and that it's bigger and better. If I were the organizers I would be worried about the traders as I happened to hear one guy saying they hadn't sold as much as they wanted to and the traders make all the difference to shows like these. People are more inclined to come if they can get the stuff they want for a good price, especially if they can get a demo before they buy. That being said, you don't want it to just be a market!

I'll have some pictures later, but there are plenty on the DW forums if you want to have a peek.