welshlee

advice wanted/checkvale/reroute/delete

right ive been looking through the treads about a leaky isv. some people saying they have to leak boost others say remove the isv.

and some saying re-route.also the checkvalve mod.i seem to be losing boost again. done a boost leak test all seems ok

so i disconnected the wire plug off the isv earlier and the car does pull a lot better & stronger;

i did adjust isv a few weeks but i could still blow through it.sounds like its leaking when connected when i put my foot down but not always.

i used to run 15psi,cars running 10psi just at 2 rpm then stagnates at 10 /11. now 12psi with isv wires disconnected. so some advice would be helpful,

Well I re routed mine into my intake path...

I'll take a pic or 2 for you.

I used to not go much above 12 psi until I did it on my old charger.

Please don't run the car with the isv unplugged... It can kill the isv driver circuit... Doing this cost me an ecu :(

cheers for that, il have to find a way to run a pipe in to inlet pipe, i have the plastic pipes. also is that a check valve in middle of the pipe

i was thinking in blanker plate on charger as i gote the boost delete.also how much better and boost did you get.

il have to look out for a boost hose with pipe coming off it if i can find one.

nice 1

I don't have a check valve

It is a joiner as I couldn't get a hose long enough.

My pipe was custom made to do the job

i fitted the isv re-route today got all bits off the net. fitted them this afternoon then went out for a rip

and car drives a bit different and and now getting a high pitched noise

but apart from that its pulling very well getting 15psi at 5rpm now

the car now drive like i wanted to go.instant power all through the rev range

3/4 rpm gives a nice hard bit of boost .nice 1 owen g60

I take it you removed the boost return to the charger?

if so ten you will probably get a high pitched whistle at part throttle, this is the wasted boost going past a couple of the nipples on the throttle body.

I also deleted my carbon canister so had 2 extra nipples no longer doing anything, i got them welded over on the inside of the throttle body and smoothed off... this stopped the whistling

ive had the boost delete done a long while now and now is a lot louder.

i founf a long pipe blocked off on t.b by bottom outlet.i put a new shorter pipe on it today

maybe thats the problam,didnt affect the boost tho.

i will have a look

there will be a pipe on the side of the throttle body by the outlet/return approx 10mm in size and 2 on the back about 4mm in size... one of the small ones feeds the ecu so leave it alone... the other used to be for the carbon canister the same as the larger one