ray_vr6

Clifford Not Talking To Me!

Hi

My Clifford Concept 50 Alarm's Siren and speaker have stopped working. The alarm itself including all the remote control facilities (remote boot open, lights on, central locking etc.) all still operate ok but I don’t get the voice/chirp acknowledgements.

Anyone got any ideas where any fuses etc. may be located that may be the reason for the failure?

This may sound silly and no dout you already know

But cliffords have a valet mode that silences the arm and dis-arm chirps? Just a thought ;-)

Billy

Hi - No the valet mode is defo not engaged - in fact I set it to check as it gives a voice "enabled" warning when you enter into valet mode

It`ll be the batteries inside the siren itself. There is a tutorial somewhere online showing how to replace them but its for a Concept 650, i assume the principle for the 50 will be the same

I was reading a guide to removing the battery pack and one of the first things suggested that in order to check it was indeed the battery was to set the alarm off and the siren should still sound but that is not happening. I found two fuses in the alarm wiring - a 5 amp and a 20 amp both were intact. So was the advice about the siren test maybe not correct?

I found another fuse - 2 amp as you say near the sense and tell unit. It looked ok but I changed it anyway. The siren still did not go off but the interior speaker that warns of sensor activity started working but then stopped again. reseated the fuse and the same thing happened.

Is there likely to be another fuse for the siren in the engine bay or is it maybe that the siren is just busted?

There is no other fuse along that line mate. I only found it after going to the expense of buying a new siren that I didnt need!!

If you siren is goosed then feel free to make me an offer for the one I dont need - just needs the cell pack soldering in (which I also have!)

OK - will be back in touch begining of next week as I'm off for a 5 day trip South - just hope no one decides to tamper the the Corrado while the siren is down!