Sign in to follow this  
DC3

Storm Grey VR6 for £3500 in Sheffield

VR6 | Storm Grey | Sheffield

Price: £3500

Description:

COMPLETELY ORIGINAL VOLKSWAGEN CORRADO VR6 WITH LOW MILEAGE AND IN GREAT CONDITION.

Although not quite mint, this Corrado is one of the nicest you are likely to see for sale. It has covered just under 90,000 miles only and is Storm Grey in colour - one of the best, in my opinion - and greatly admired. It has been mine for three and a half years but is getting little use and so I have decided to sell it.

It has been completely reliable, only requiring a new fuel pump and the usual servicing since I have owned it. Very attractive Recaro interior, and it still retains the supplied First Aid pack, unopened.

The spoiler comes up at about 60 mph, as it should, and the sun roof tilts and slides. I have found this to be much more economical than I expected, easily attaining 30 + mpg during normal mixed driving and reaching 38 mpg if driven with restraint on a long run.

There are a few faults but nothing to get too excited about: the fuel gauge only goes up to half full even when the tank is full. However, it stays at half until the level drops below this and then behaves normally. I think the float probably got misaligned when I renewed the fuel pump as it was working fine previously. Probably an easy fix, although it has never bothered me. The roof rubbers are slightly

perished. The passenger window only opens about half way and sometimes needs help to raise it - it probably need cleaning out and lubricating. The ABS light has suddenly started to light up. This has only happened since I stored it last winter and I suspect a dirty contact somewhere but have not had a chance to investigate.

I am open to sensible offers. Please note it is MOT'd until next March (and has only covered a few miles since it passed) and taxed until the end of this month (September). Road testing welcome if you can get here to see it before the end of the month.

I'm afraid I'm having all sorts of problems uploading images. I'll put them on photobucket when I get a chance but if you would like me to email them to you in the meantime just let me know. Thanks!

Edited by DC3