VR6Rado

Door Lock barrel keeps coming out with the key!

Hi, as the title says, I have a problem in that the key barrel keeps popping out of the lock with the key attached. Any ideas what's broken and how to fix it please?

Thanks

Paul

Yep, take the door card off and you'll probably find the C-clip rattling around in the bottom of the door, along with the C-shaped metal part that fits on the back of the barrel and pushes up and down on the locking lever. Once you've reattached it to the cylinder, push the c-clip back on and you should be fine - if you rotate it so the open part is towards the front of the car then it won't be able to fall completely off if it gets loose.

When you remove the door handle make sure you keep the two white plastic clips in the right place (in the slot in the door) before trying to reattach it, otherwise it won't fit properly and you'll be very confused!

Stone

Hi

Thanks for the advice, I had a look and found the issue - the barrel has sheared off just before the tip of the key! Now all I need is a spare barrel and I can retumble the lock!

Anyone got a spare door lock barrel?

Paul