jonny_ash

Fuel Economy

Just a quick question to you all.

I have my reservations about the fuel efficiency of my car.

My MFA 2 readout on fuel economy is generally around 19.6 mpg. I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate so i'm just in the process of doing a bit of a calculation to check this.

Admitedly as I use it as my daily driver and generally travel approx 7 miles each way down the A6 every day taking about 40 mins each way due to traffic and a rediculous number of traffic lights so my MPG isn't going to be particularly high but this sounds a little low to me.

Anyone else fancy putting up their average MPG for comparison

My motor is a 2L 16v by the way. Engine is pretty standard bar air filter and drilled airbox.

your problem is the 2 ltr 16v bit im guessing bud not to be harsh , iv had the valver aswell as my vr and the valver was really bad on fuel just to many revs needed all the time against the weight of the car , mine was really rubbish cant remember exact figures but if i ever saw 22 round town i was happy , and motorway was about twenty eight

Id say you around the right figures considering your circumstances

You can't rely on the MFA's estimate of MPG.

MPG questions have been asked every month since the forum started nearly 10 years ago so there's plenty of info out there. If you want to see what other people's MFAs are reading, at the risk of sounding unhelpful, the search should answer your question a lot quicker.