ProdigalSon

Bodywork recommendations, in Oxford/Oxfordshire or thereabouts?

I was at a mate's house yesterday, with my C parked on the street outside, when a lady knocked on the door and confessed to having backed her commercial van of her drive (opposite) into my nearside rear quarter :(

10/10 for honesty, but she doesn't want to claim on her insurance, so I'm looking for recommendations for good VW-savvy bodyshops in Oxford(shire) or nearby, eg. 25 mile range...

Anyone have recent good experiences with getting their Corrado straightened and painted in this part of the country?

Cheers in advance ;)

UPDATE - it has now been fixed! :dance:

It took about 7 working days, Ridgeway VW did a great job, and I saw in the paperwork that they were charging the 3rd party insurer about £900 all in:

Looks great mate!! £900 all in, that's not a bad price? They went through the insurance in the end did they?

Whereabouts is that then mate, Newbury?

Thanks guys! :grin:

Looks great mate!! £900 all in, that's not a bad price? They went through the insurance in the end did they?

Whereabouts is that then mate, Newbury?

Yeah they did go through the insurance in the end - I approached VW initially and the (ex-panel-beater) assessor they sent quoted £1,400 so I guess the insurers got 'trade rates' for having exactly the same work done...

It was Kidlington VW, who have a separate bodywork and paint shop in Enstone I think. The odometer had only about 20 more miles on it when they brought it back, so pretty local to the Oxford area.

Oh, and they were good enough to fix the scuffed paint/flash rust on the trailing edge of the passenger door, which wasn't caused by the accident but by the usual opening-the-door-into-a-wall. Top marks VW! :salute: