borders16v

Droplinks that actually fit and are cheaper than the dealers.

Hi. Can anyone tell me where i can get a pair of droplinks that will sort my 2.0 16v out. Had mine done a while back and the ride quality plummeted and the tyres wore badly also.

Obviously dealer is the place to go but at nearly 100 quid its just too much. Ecp quoting 9.70 for q-line brand.Are these any good?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Standard suspension.Was all good until droplinks were changed for mot.Outer wear has been severe since.Didnt get realign check done as it went smoothly last time these were done by the same guy years ago.

The ride has been lousy since,tyres move badly sideways over minor bumps and really skitish in the wet.

Sounds like track rod ends to me. I had a similar issue recently. I changed everything on the front except for the t/r ends. Tracking was way out and hopping around dangerously. Changed the t/r ends and once laser aligned is now driving the best I've ever had it.

I get mine from a chap off ebay "tierod69". German parts and so far seem good quality.

Edited by James.

You may well find that someone in their wisdom disconnected something to make it easier to fit the droplinks. I wouldn't, but you never know. Say they disconnected the hub from the strut to let the wishbone move easier, and jsut flung back together, your camber will be all over the place, and the tracking by default.

def worth checking.

Cheers guys,will check out tracking before buying more drop links then.Should haves said the wishbones were done at the same time so maybe the lots messed up? Oh what fun

Edited by borders16v

Tracking absolutely most definetly will be messed up then! make sure you take it somewhere that can do camber - without camber being right, they can track all day and you'll still chew tyres. Good luck!