JMC

2.1 Lupos

No, not the engine size, but the number of them. My girlfriend has had a 1L lupo for 8 years - a bright Fantasia green one. Why, because of a little green playmobile model of a little boxy green car she had since being a kid (hence the .1 in the Lupo count). Left hand drive, brought over with her from Austria, and converted to UK (lights, clocks etc). It was in a crash before she bought it, and none of the panels lined up, it has had half a dozen windscreens as none of them fit properly, it needed a replacement gearbox recently, but it was much loved. Unfortunately it has finally give up the ghost - terminal electrical failure. So what did she want - another Lupo. This time we have bought a 1.4 16v one, but the same Fantasia green. 1 year younger, but with 50k less on the clock. So at the moment we have 2.1 Lupos (until tomorrow when the 1st one is being taken away to be 'disposed of' after all the useful bits have been removed for safe keeping). Hopefully this one lasts as long as the 1st one did :)

Awesome :) The Lupo was a great little car - the Fox that replaced it was a terrible replacement!

I loved my Lupo (and my Arosa before that). Luckily my gf is looking for one as her first car so I might get to play again :D

The 1.4 engines were both pretty punchy things, especially the 16v. Loved the low gear ratios too, struggled to get above 100 but around town it was a torque monster...

Stone

I suggested one to Mum years ago and she continues to enjoy it. Proper little work horse with great build quality. Boot space is poor, but you can't have it all ways.

Cool picture.

I bought my wife (then girlfriend) a 1.7 diesel Lupo to teach her to drive in. She loved the car and said the GTI was her dream car. I said that when she passed her test I would buy her a metallic blue one. My teaching and 6 lessons from a driving instructor later she passed first time. We got the Lupo Gti some years ago now, great car, she say's she will never sell it !

I suggested one to Mum years ago and she continues to enjoy it. Proper little work horse with great build quality. Boot space is poor, but you can't have it all ways.

Cool picture.

I have to disagree, i used to get two full suspension bikes, with wheels etc, a weekends riding kit and two of us in my lupo :-)

I have to disagree, i used to get two full suspension bikes, with wheels etc, a weekends riding kit and two of us in my lupo :-)

You can get most things in a Lupo (or any other small car)... When you put the seats down.

Edited by James.

Well, the old, left hand drive one has now been taken away for it's last drive. Definitely agree that a surprising amount can be fitted in these cars - we've had some pretty big things in there. New one so far is a good 'un, so fingers crossed.

You can get most things in a Lupo (or any other small car)... When you put the seats down.

I got a full Ikea chest of drawers and a six-foot curtain pole in mine once; I did have to take the chest of drawers out of its carton though...

On another occasion it took an amplifier and a boxed 40" telly! My girlfriend had to sit in the back but it did all go.

The back seats only ever carried luggage, they were barely capable of seating adults for more than a few miles. What was the quote from the review? "Your short-legged, long-bodied friends will love you" :lol:

Stone